Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Surrender

With the Holy Week fast approaching, my media player is all songs on God's compassion.  I felt the need to get in tune to the spirit of brokenness, repentance and humility, coz my mind is all agog of work, concerns and even sin.  It's as if my mind is stuffed with all sort of things and i just couldn't squeezed in the thought about God anymore.  The kind of feeling where you seem so helpless that you resigned yourself and just stare at a blank wall because you don't know which thing to do first.  I was at my breaking point.  I was asking myself, what is the point of doing all these things - work, home, ministry?  It felt as if i've lost my mojo.  I can' find that single spark to do things with inspiration.  Not even things of God. I have that feeling all week, a sinking feeling.

But then one song hit me.  And it hit hard enough to awaken the single living sense left within me.  

That song  was "Surrender" by Lincoln Brewster.  I realized that i just have to raise my hands and lift it up to the skies and just surrender.  Like a defeated soldier, weary in a battle against one's own pride and sinfulness, I am waving my white flag to the Lord.  I surrender all to you Lord - my worries, my sins, my life, my world.  I'm laying down my rights, Come and take over.  Hold me captive in Your arms.  If I should be in chains, better be enchained in Your love.  I am on my knees, break my heart O God and strip me to the core of my soul.  I surrender all to you.





I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within

I lay it all down for the sake of you my King
I'm giving you my dreams, I'm laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life



And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, all to you



I'm singing You this song, I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You for the glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain 
© 2005 Integrity Music




No comments:

Post a Comment